IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO READ BEFORE TRYING ON YOUR NEW WETSUIT
Thank you for buying a new wetsuit from Boards360.com. We want you to be delighted with your purchase so here’s our handy guide to trying your wetsuit on, making sure it fits and our returns policy.
If you haven’t worn or bought a new wetsuit before, they can feel tight and uncomfortable when you first try them on. They are designed to fit you snugly so you stay warm in the water but your movement shouldn’t feel too restricted - you need to be able to move your arms and legs with ease. The suit should loosen a little with wear and feel more comfortable once you’re in the water.
If you’re struggling to get the suit over your shoulders and fasten the zip, please don’t force it as you may stretch the panels or seams. It’s important that you don’t pull at the fabric with your fingernails as it can be easily marked or damaged.
Unsure if you have the right size? Remember, you can find the manufacturer’s detailed sizing guide on all the wetsuit descriptions on our website.
If you are in any doubt about the fit and need our expert advice, please drop us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help.
OUR RETURNS POLICY
We’re more than happy to exchange or refund wetsuits that don’t fit. However, if you damage the suit when you try it on, we won’t be able to give you a refund or exchange. All our wetsuits are checked for tears and marks before they leave our warehouse and should arrive with you in perfect condition.
We offer a Hassle-Free 30 Day FREE Returns Policy which means you have up to 30 days after the date of the order to request a return, and returns are FREE via Collect+ at over 7500 local stores around the UK. See further details - here
WETSUIT TRY ON: STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE
- Before climbing into your wetsuit we recommend wearing a rashy vest or a tight sports thermal layer along with trousers of similar material, and socks or plastic bags on your feet. We know it’s quite a look but this is the best practice for trying on wetsuits as it will help your arms and legs slide into the suit easier and prevent any snagging damage allowing you to return the suit if you need to.
- To start, make sure your wetsuit is the correct way round and place your feet into the ankle opening, pull the suit up to the knees and get the knee resist pads in place. If you don’t position the knee pads in place, putting the rest of the suit on will be a lot more strenuous as the suit will get caught under your knee. Bring the suit up to the waist so the crotch and rear are in place, taking your time to make any adjustments.
FOR CHEST AND BACK ZIP WETSUITS
- Now put one arm through the sleeve hole so the end of the sleeve is at the wrist and pull the material up to your elbow so it lies flush against your forearm and repeat for the other.
- To get the suit over your shoulders, first use your right hand to pull up the top of the material on your left arm whilst raising your left arm up, then do the same with your left hand and the right side. Then locate the neck hole and use both hands to help your head through.
- For chest zip suits, simply zip up the front and adjust the bungee cord strap to your desired fit. For back zips, take the leash attached to the zip and slowly pull it up to your neck, making sure you don't catch yourself.
FOR ZIPLESS WETSUITS
- Now put one arm through the sleeve hole so the end of the sleeve is at the wrist and pull the material up to your elbow so it lies flush against your forearm and work the rest of the suit up to your waist.
- Use your free hand to work the sleeve up and over your shoulder.
- On the other side, locate and open the zip free system and align it with the arm hole. Now slip your arm through both holes and bring the suit up over your shoulder. Use your other hand to work the loose sleeve material up to your wrist, elbow and shoulder, and adjust for comfort.
- Finally check the bungee adjuster cord is loosened in order to not over stretch the neoprene, reach for the head hole and slip your head through. Now make adjustments to the back and neck so it's in the right position and pull the adjustable cord to your desired fit.